- Looked up old issues of NHL HANDBOOK to look at head shots and hair ' dos of Islanders back in the day.
- Fine-tuned my CBS Sportsline fantasy hockey lineup.
- Organized and Febreezed the hockey bag.
- Took the dog to the vet.
- Paid some bills.
- Wondered why John Tonelli's number 27 isn't hanging in the rafters.
- Renewed my stance for the NHL going to European ice dimensions and against making the nets larger.
- Reminded myself that the Islanders will be back on the ice on Saturday.
So it looks like we'll be seeing more of Marc-Andre Bergeron now that Bryan Berard is out 2-4 weeks with a groin injury. Berard's two goals have been game-winners so he's made an impact despite not logging regular time. Now he's hurt, so the eight-defenseman quandary is solved - for now.
Next post - why you should be watching 30 Rock and The Office every week.